Services at The Dwelling Place of NY
At any given time 15 women call The Dwelling Place home. Each woman gets personalized care, support, and guidance to help her build a sustainable, self-supported life. The staff offers a range of services to fulfill each woman’s individual needs while nurturing her unique talents.
Please note women must be at least 30 years old to be considered.
- physical and mental health assessment of each new resident
- a place to call her own including a bed, nightstand, and closet
- daily breakfast, takeout lunch, dinner, and an evening snack
- individual guidance offered by an assigned case manager
- visits twice a month from the Project Renewal Outreach Team for psychiatric and medical evaluations and medications, if necessary
- referrals for professional counseling and day treatment programs
- money management
- medication management
- an environment of love and respect
We also serve a weekly dinner on Wednesday evenings, (5:30pm – 6:30pm) to former residents now placed in permanent housing, elderly neighbors living on fixed income and women who are living on the streets. The conversation often includes a sharing of life experiences that encourage women in different phases of their journeys. Holiday meals are also served on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
On a chilly, Tuesday evening, January 30, 2018 The Dwelling Place hosted a five-hour outreach event featuring the Women Tribe, […]
Crafting for a Cause: A Wellness Initiative by a student group at Columbia University was first introduced to The Dwelling […]
If you happened to drive by or walk near The Dwelling Place on Thursday, February 1, you would have seen […]
With the help of a grant from Catholic Charities, the 3rd floor bathroom for the ladies has been updated and […]