Services at The Dwelling Place of NY
At any given time 15 women call The Dwelling Place home. Each woman gets personalized care, support, and guidance to help her build a sustainable, self-supported life. The staff offers a range of services to fulfill each woman’s individual needs while nurturing her unique talents.
Please note women must be at least 30 years old to be considered.
- physical and mental health assessment of each new resident
- a place to call her own including a bed, nightstand, and closet
- daily breakfast, takeout lunch, dinner, and an evening snack
- individual guidance offered by an assigned case manager
- visits twice a month from the Project Renewal Outreach Team for psychiatric and medical evaluations and medications, if necessary
- referrals for professional counseling and day treatment programs
- money management
- medication management
- an environment of love and respect
We also serve a weekly dinner on Wednesday evenings, (5:30pm – 6:30pm) to former residents now placed in permanent housing, elderly neighbors living on fixed income and women who are living on the streets. The conversation often includes a sharing of life experiences that encourage women in different phases of their journeys. Holiday meals are also served on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- 409 West 40th Street
- Board of Directors
- Living the Mission
Since January of 2018, a group of students at the United Nations international School (UNIS) led by their student founder, Kristen Meola, formed the (In)Visible …
Join us for a worthy cause: Kramer Dill of Livingston & Moore is proud to support The Dwelling Place at Yankee Stadium. All proceeds go …
Dear Friends, Thank you! We exceeded our goal for our Cool Summer Night’s Campaign. Through your generous response, we have exceeded our goal: the cost …
Dear Friend, On a warm summer night in July 2017, Rosa, a senior citizen recently retired after working 25 years in a nursing home, and …