Services at The Dwelling Place of NY
At any given time 15 women call The Dwelling Place home. Each woman gets personalized care, support, and guidance to help her build a sustainable, self-supported life. The staff offers a range of services to fulfill each woman’s individual needs while nurturing her unique talents.
Please note women must be at least 30 years old to be considered.
- physical and mental health assessment of each new resident
- a place to call her own including a bed, nightstand, and closet
- daily breakfast, takeout lunch, dinner, and an evening snack
- individual guidance offered by an assigned case manager
- visits twice a month from the Project Renewal Outreach Team for psychiatric and medical evaluations and medications, if necessary
- referrals for professional counseling and day treatment programs
- money management
- medication management
- an environment of love and respect
We also serve a weekly dinner on Wednesday evenings, (5:30pm – 6:30pm) to former residents now placed in permanent housing, elderly neighbors living on fixed income and women who are living on the streets. The conversation often includes a sharing of life experiences that encourage women in different phases of their journeys. Holiday meals are also served on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
THE DWELLING PLACE IS THRILLED TO BE PARTICIPATING AS AN OFFICIAL CHARITY PARTNER OF THE 2019 UNITED AIRLINES NYC HALF! On Sunday, March 17, 2019, …
Amanda Veraldi and her fiancé, Brett, will celebrate their wedding on Saturday, September 8, 2018. Like many brides-to-be, Amanda’s family planned a bridal shower for …
The Dwelling Place offers warm thanks to our Irish friends of Nollaig na mBan NYC for hosting a Lughnasa gathering, a Celtic celebration of the …
Father Edward Lambro, a weekend assistant at Our Lady of Magnificat Catholic Church in Kinnelon, NJ, is organizing and directing a summer concert to benefit …