Services at The Dwelling Place of NY
At any given time 15 women call The Dwelling Place home. Each woman and her case manager work on an Individualized Service Plan that is unique to their goals. The plan is coupled with support and guidance to help women build a sustainable and self-supported life. The staff offers a range of services to fulfill each woman’s individual needs while nurturing their unique talents.
- a comfortable and safe place to call her own
- three meals each day with an emphasis on healthy eating
- individual guidance offered by an assigned case manager
- partnerships with medical and mental health providers
- linkage with a workforce development program
- referrals for professional counseling and day treatment programs
- money management
- nightly groups
- assistance in finding personal housing
- group activities such as yoga and art
As with any group of people, everyone has individual needs. To address such needs, we might host groups such as Harm Reduction Group, Women’s Groups, Trauma-Focsed Group, etc., with the hope that residents choose and participate in those from which they can benefit.
We also serve a weekly dinner on Wednesday evenings (5:30pm – 6:30pm) to former residents now placed in permanent housing, elderly neighbors living on fixed income, and women who are living on the streets. The conversation often includes a sharing of life experiences that encourage women in different phases of their journeys. Holiday meals are also served on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- 409 West 40th Street
- Board of Directors
- Living the Mission
After months of careful preparation by our loving staff, The Dwelling Place of NY has reopened. Three women were admitted to our shelter on Jan. …
The Dwelling Place of NY welcomed more than 60 people on Dec. 23 for our annual Christmas dinner. Similar to our Thanksgiving dinner, the meal …
What makes Dec. 1 different from any other day? You. The Dwelling Place of NY is the only transitional shelter for homeless women of its …