Services at The Dwelling Place of NY
At any given time 15 women call The Dwelling Place home. Each woman gets personalized care, support, and guidance to help her build a sustainable, self-supported life. The staff offers a range of services to fulfill each woman’s individual needs while nurturing her unique talents.
Please note women must be at least 30 years old to be considered.
- physical and mental health assessment of each new resident
- a place to call her own including a bed, nightstand, and closet
- daily breakfast, takeout lunch, dinner, and an evening snack
- individual guidance offered by an assigned case manager
- visits twice a month from the Project Renewal Outreach Team for psychiatric and medical evaluations and medications, if necessary
- referrals for professional counseling and day treatment programs
- money management
- medication management
- an environment of love and respect
We also serve a weekly dinner on Wednesday evenings, (5:30pm – 6:30pm) to former residents now placed in permanent housing, elderly neighbors living on fixed income and women who are living on the streets. The conversation often includes a sharing of life experiences that encourage women in different phases of their journeys. Holiday meals are also served on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- 409 West 40th Street
- Board of Directors
- Living the Mission
The Dwelling Place wishes to acknowledge all those who have contributed to the 2020 Annual Appeal which began in March of 2020 and continues to …
The following message is from Sr. Joann Sambs, CSA, administrator of The Dwelling Place. Dear beloved friends of The Dwelling Place, Life has changed dramatically …
This week The Dwelling Place will participate in #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of unity and generosity in response to the unprecedented needs caused by COVID-19. …
During these days of Holy Week, Passover, and Easter, bread and wine, wheat and grapes are often sacred symbols used to express our unity as …