Services at The Dwelling Place of NY
At any given time 15 women call The Dwelling Place home. Each woman gets personalized care, support, and guidance to help her build a sustainable, self-supported life. The staff offers a range of services to fulfill each woman’s individual needs while nurturing her unique talents.
Please note women must be at least 30 years old to be considered.
- physical and mental health assessment of each new resident
- a place to call her own including a bed, nightstand, and closet
- daily breakfast, takeout lunch, dinner, and an evening snack
- individual guidance offered by an assigned case manager
- visits twice a month from the Project Renewal Outreach Team for psychiatric and medical evaluations and medications, if necessary
- referrals for professional counseling and day treatment programs
- money management
- medication management
- an environment of love and respect
We also serve a weekly dinner on Wednesday evenings, (5:30pm – 6:30pm) to former residents now placed in permanent housing, elderly neighbors living on fixed income and women who are living on the streets. The conversation often includes a sharing of life experiences that encourage women in different phases of their journeys. Holiday meals are also served on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- 409 West 40th Street
- Board of Directors
- Living the Mission
Support and Cheer on Our Team The Dwelling Place of NY is thrilled to be a charity partner of the 2020 United Airlines NYC Half! …
During recent weeks, several volunteer groups have joined us at The Dwelling Place to serve meals and visit with our residents or to provide special …
It was an evening to remember: a beautiful setting, delicious food and great bartenders, amazing raffle prizes, a heartwarming award ceremony in which we honored …
Since January of 2018, a group of students at the United Nations international School (UNIS) led by their student founder, Kristen Meola, formed the (In)Visible …