Services at The Dwelling Place of NY
At any given time 15 women call The Dwelling Place home. Each woman gets personalized care, support, and guidance to help her build a sustainable, self-supported life. The staff offers a range of services to fulfill each woman’s individual needs while nurturing her unique talents.
Please note women must be at least 30 years old to be considered.
- physical and mental health assessment of each new resident
- a place to call her own including a bed, nightstand, and closet
- daily breakfast, takeout lunch, dinner, and an evening snack
- individual guidance offered by an assigned case manager
- visits twice a month from the Project Renewal Outreach Team for psychiatric and medical evaluations and medications, if necessary
- referrals for professional counseling and day treatment programs
- money management
- medication management
- an environment of love and respect
We also serve a weekly dinner on Wednesday evenings, (5:30pm – 6:30pm) to former residents now placed in permanent housing, elderly neighbors living on fixed income and women who are living on the streets. The conversation often includes a sharing of life experiences that encourage women in different phases of their journeys. Holiday meals are also served on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- 409 West 40th Street
- Board of Directors
- Living the Mission
Merry Christmas and Blessed Holidays from the staff and residents of The Dwelling Place! We wish you peace and joy-filled moments with family and friends. …
It was an evening to remember: a beautiful setting, delicious food and great bartenders, amazing raffle prizes, a heartwarming award ceremony in which we honored …
A traditional Thanksgiving meal will be prepared and served by staff and volunteers of The Dwelling Place on Wednesday, November 27 from 5:30 – 6:30 …
The Dwelling Place of NY is thrilled to be a charity partner of the 2020 United Airlines NYC Half! Join our team as a charity …