Living the Mission at The Dwelling Place of NY
We live the mission of The Dwelling Place through our daily commitment to:
- Be a voice for women who cannot be heard: the homeless, the hungry, the hurting.
- Welcome each and every woman as a guest: regardless of her race, religion or background.
- Offer hot meals and shelter from the cold: with love, respect and compassion.
- Provide the services that support independence: through advocacy, education and collaboration.
- Create a safe place for women to reenergize, refresh, and renew as they rebuild their lives.
- 409 West 40th Street
- Board of Directors
- Living the Mission
What makes November 30th different from any other day? You. This week The Dwelling Place will participate in #GivingTuesdayNow, a global day of unity and …
It was a Monday evening on October 4, 1977 when Ida Anderson, our first guest, came to the door looking for shelter. The pastor of …
2020 presented The Dwelling Place with unprecedented challenges. There were many months, that the idea of reopening seemed so distant. Today, thanks to the support …